Many times I've heard people say, "If you would have told me __ years ago that I would be doing _________ I never would have believed you." I easily can say that of my life just five short years ago. I would not have believed it if someone had said to me:
1. You will have a four year old daughter.
2. You will have a daughter.
3. You will have labored at home, birthed in your SUV, nursed her till she was nearly three, carried her in sling nearly everywhere, and used cloth diapers!
4. You will not have a bachelors degree.
5. You will embrace a life as a wife, mom, homemaker, and afternoon baby care provider.
6. You will bake your own bread.
7. You will grow your own garden.
8. You will make your own laundry soap.
9. You will enjoy jogging.
10. You will play on a Co-Ed softball team with your husband.
11. You will take Public Transportation and advocate for it.
12. You will bike or walk to the stores you have always driven to --from the same house you've been living in (when you can).
13. You will have a blog. Yes, that blog you always tried not to have.
14. You will actually be somewhat involved in your teens' lives.
15. You will join a Moms' group and be an active part of it for four years.
16. Your deeply knitted church family will shift, people will move, and it will alter and restructure almost completely.
17. YOU will change a lot in five short years.